Legal status and visa requirements for those who were forced to leave Ukraine
Temporary protection status is available for Ukrainians residing in Ukraine, before the 24th of February 2022 and fleeing from war to Monaco. The status as refugee or asylum seeker is not applicable.
For Ukrainians entering Monaco, the EU travel requirements apply. i.e., a visa-free regime with a biometric passport.
Please email the Directorate for Public security upon arrival: firstname.lastname@example.org
What services are available for Ukrainians coming to Monaco under temporary protection:
- Administrative support from a social worker.
- Implementation of a psychological support structure.
- Medical help from the State: 80% coverage for medical expenses, which can be extended to
100% coverage depending on the situation.
- Financial help for the people included in the household.
- Service tickets to be used in food businesses.
- On a case-by-case basis, implementation of specific financial support or in-kind benefits
generally reserved for elderly or disabled persons.
- Support for labour market integration: registration with the Employment Service and, as
necessary, intensive French courses.
- Children’s schooling.
Learn more about staying in Monaco:
Access to the healthcare services
The registration process for state-funded health care is not specified, otherwise, once registered, the person can get medical help from the State: 80% coverage for medical expenses, which can be extended to 100% coverage depending on the situation.
Where can the Ukrainians who were forced to leave Ukraine go for the following healthcare services?
Monaco’s Red Cross offers immediate emergency help and acute treatment to people who come to their facilities. This emergency support will not necessarily trigger the implementation of the above subsidies.
Check the Red Cross website
Other healthcare services options can be found in a leaflet: download here